Split cheap hostels are the best option for budget travelers. Recently hostels in Split have resolved the biggest town problem, the lack of accommodation.
Many travelers consider hostels as an “only youth accommodation” and are not too eager in sleeping in dormitory style lodging.
They are wrong as many Split hostels offer also single, double rooms arranged for solo, and couples travelers. I have met many tourists in their 60s staying in hostels.
I assure you that Split hostels are safe and in spite of many travelers’ conviction that hostels are dirty places, they are quite clean and managed with care.
For backpacker travelers I recommend to read this short and interesting article written by Stephen – ‘Backpacking Croatia Travel Tips on 8 May, 2015 ‘.
The only fact I don’t agree with is a budget of $40-$60 a day. It’s hardly enough in May, but not be sufficient in July and August.
The most hostels in Split are backpacker-friendly with helpful and polite owners, ready to provide all tourist service you might need. The staff often speaks not only English but also Italian, Spanish and German.
To be sure about hostels reliability, read travelers reviews to be sure about your choice. The more positive reviews, the better.
Important things to look out for Split hostels!
When looking for appropriate hostel accommodation in Split Croatia, beside the price you will need something more to decide before you book your stay.
- For convenience reasons, find Split cheap hostels not far from train, bus station or ferry port.
- To savor typical Split Mediterranean atmosphere you have to be in the core of the old city or in nearby area.
- In high season period (July and August) Split is rather hot. Find your hostel not far from Split Bacvice party beach.
- To save even more you can chose Podstrana, 8 km Split’s district where you will find cheaper accommodation.
Recommended Split Old City Hostels:
- CroParadise Pink & Blue Hostel
- Hostel Split
- Hostel Sun-seekers
- New Hostel Emanuel
- The Tchaikovsky New Hostel
- Hostel Split Wine Garden
- Diocletian’s Palace Hostel
- Old Town hostel
Small but essential things you should know about Split cheap hostels!
- Look for hostels a with a kitchenette where you can prepare your own food will save you another couple of Euros and you can share a meal with your new friends.
- Don’t stay at hostels with check-out time before 10:00 AM. I will show you some with latest check-out: 11:00 AM or even 12:00 AM.
- Hostel must have a bar as it’s a great place to socialize with other hostel guests.
- I will help you find hostels that organize local tours and sight-seeings. The owners of a hostel know exactly the best things to do in a city. Some will provide you with maps and local guide brochures.
- Hostels that offer a decent breakfast, to cut down your food budget. For additional fee from € 3,00 to € 5,00 you can have a good breakfast. Some hostels offer free coffee.
- I recommend you only hostels with private lockers. In most places it is a standard equipment. Stay away from those asking extra many for security.
- Hostels with internet (free wifi) connection is “must have” facility.
- Hostels without bars should have a common area that give travelers a place to hang out and socialize with each other.
Highest rated hostels in Split:
|Hostel Emanuel (97,7%)||Tchaikovsky Hostel (93,7%)|
Most Trendy Hostels in Split:
|Goli&Bosi Hostel||Booze&Snooze Hostel|
Best Deal Hostels:
|Backpackers Fairytale Hostel||Split Backpackers Hostel|
|Hotspot Hostel||Hostel Split Wine Garden|
Did you stay in any other hostel in Split? If you have any recommendations feel free to contact me and I’ll be sure to add your favorite hostel!