Renting a private apartment is often the best way to stay in Croatia, and it’s the best alternative to hotel accommodation. You will certainly spend less and save on Split accommodation.
Private holiday rentals offer exceptional value for money and are one of the most cost effective solutions for your holiday. Renting a two-bedroom apartment is much cheaper that renting two hotel rooms.
It is great for the whole family, even for your dog if you have one. Split is a pet friendly town offering pet vacation rentals. Split even has a beach for your four legged family members.
Looking for an apartment? What about this elegant apartment viewing on Riva promenade!
Or maybe you prefer to be in the middle of Emperor’s palace with a beautiful terrace with Jacuzzi on top with sun beds giving amazing views over terracotta roofs, Saint Duje Cathedral and Central Dalmatian islands.
There is no better way to get a feel for the real atmosphere of this typical Mediterranean town; the way of living visiting the fish and fresh vegetables markets, typical for all Central Dalmatian destinations.
Hospitality and simplicity of the local people will be the trilling experience for any visitor. Don’t worry about the language barrier, because most (especially younger) apartment owners speak good English, German and Italian. You can always learn some useful Croatian phrases before you go!
Imagine waking up in the morning in the middle of old Diocletian palace, looking at picturesque Riva seaside promenade or near Bacvice sandy beach.
In any case, renting apartment in Split Croatia is the best way to have a space you can call your own, to have the freedom to make your own schedule, to share the perfect family or friends meal using the freshest ingredients from the local green market ‘Pazar’ or local fish market.
Getting the best deals
With a private rental you can save up to 50% compared to the average family hotel accommodation. Take advantage of my rental apartments proposals, spend less and enjoy more.
Most of apartment owners limit the renting period for minimum two days stay, often offering from 5% to 10% discounts on more than five days stay.
Apartment in Split by location
Split is not a big city but it will be important to book your apartment by your specific needs. If you are interested in sunbathing and swimming you will need apartments near Split beaches like famous Bacvice beach or some more quiet beaches along the Marjan hill.
Most travelers like visiting the old Diocletian palace and strolling the beautiful front-sea Riva promenade, tasting the vibrant Mediterranean way of living. For them the best solution is renting an apartment overlooking the Riva promenade or one apartment inside the old Diocletian palace walls.
For those looking some special places I suggest Varos, one of the oldest parts of town. A place where most of the city peasants and fishermen used to live. Charming streets and beautiful small stone houses that are all just a few minutes from the old city core.
Apartment in Split within the walls
To sleep within the Diocletian Palace walls means to be in straight contact with this 1700 year old history. Perhaps you can’t live in your own palace, but you can easily rent a part of this one.
By saying within the walls I mean only the restricted space inside the four palace gates as shown on Split city map with Cathedral of St. Domnius, central piazza Peristil and Diocletian mausoleum.
This is the best place for some excellent photography, especially if you’re in the mood for climbing the Bell Tower to witness the fantastic panoramic views from the top.
Inside the palace walls there are a plenty of choices where you can eat very good with normal and acceptable prices. Strolling its narrow streets is the best way to learn the glorious history of Split town.
Luxury apartments near prestigious Bacvice party beach
Bacvice is an urban, central city beach, situated a few minutes of walking south past the railway station. Bacvice beach is a famous hangout with dancing until dawn, with a full program of live rock and jazz on summer nights.
Bacvice is backed by a number of restaurants, cafe bars and nightclubs all lined up and easy to walk to. The beach has been awarded with the Blue Flag.
Below you will find some personally visited apartment in Split, close to this fashionable sandy beach:
- Apartments Suzy – Surrounded by parks and pine trees, apartments Suzy is located next to Split’s Bacvice Beach, a 5-minute walk from the ferry terminal. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are available.
- Green Gold Apartment – Just 200 meters from the popular Bacvice Beach and a 10-minute walk from the UNESCO-protected Diocletian’s Palace, Green Gold Apartment provides air conditioning, a flat-screen cable TV and many more.
- Apartment Akvarel – Only 550 meters from the popular Bacvice Beach, this apartment offers modern-style accommodation with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.
- Apartments Zuvela – Only 200 meters from the beach, Villa Zuvela is set 1 km from Diocletian’s Palace.
- Apartment Anamarija – highly rated apartment.
Marjan hill apartments
The western end of the Split peninsula is a vast wood mountain park with its famous Marjan hill. This is a symbol of Split town and the lungs of the city. It’s the most quiet place in Split with several beaches. One of them is a dogs-friendly beach in case you are traveling with your pet.
- Apartment Pinus – This apartment in Split is set next to Marjan Forest Park. It offers spacious and air-conditioned accommodation with free Wi-Fi and a balcony.
- Apartments Great Sea View – 700 meters from the Riva Promenade, this apartment enjoys a quiet location 900 meters from the UNESCO-listed Diocletian’s Palace.
- Meje Apartments – Located in Meje (Marjan park), a quiet area of Split. It is situated just 800 meters from Split Old Town. It offers air-conditioned apartments and free Wi-Fi.
- Apartment Kastelet – Providing free Wi-Fi in a peaceful part of Split below Marjan Hill, this apartment in Split is a 100 meters walk from the beach, 200 meters from the Mestrovic Gallery and 400 meters the Archaeological Museum.
Apartment in Split – Varos
Varos – one of the oldest parts of town. A place where peasants and fishermen lived, with charming streets and beautiful small stone houses. Veli Varos has a very quiet neighborhood with city’s top restaurants, romantic streets and traditional dalmatian houses, 5 min walk from Diocletian Palace.
- Apartment Petricevic (32 of 32 customers would recommend this property)
- Divota apartment