If you are looking for family friendly accommodation, Split Croatia offers some hotels and resorts where you will find entertainment for the whole family. Parents are often looking for a quiet, clean and safe place to stay with a child or children.
It’s very important that hotels or resorts along family-friendly accommodation have nice and safe beaches with shallow waters, possibly sandy or pebble ones, positioned near the shade of a pine forest offering possibility for parents to easily overview their children.
Fly to Split and you’re perfectly placed to discover the trendy islands of the Central Dalmatia islands.
Split has outstanding geographic position with a big port with catamarans and car ferries running daily between most islands, and nearby Split airport is connected with many European capitals.
Split city’s position makes island hopping much easier than for example in Greece where crossings between islands can sometimes take longer than 12 hours.
How to find the appropriate children friendly accommodation in Split?
If you decide to travel with children in Split Croatia, here are some useful tips to help you find the best hotels and resorts.
- Whenever you plan to stay in Split for more days, don’t stay in Split old city center as it’s too hot and crowded, particularly in high season.
- Stay in nearby Split’s neighborhoods like Podstrana or Stobrec. Both areas are only couple of miles away from all Split’s attractions with good local bus transport connections.
- Podstrana makes a great alternative to the Split city center, especially if you’d like to combine a beach and cultural holiday.
- From there you will be near to the most interesting sightseeing spots or outdoor activities to entertain and motivate the curiosity of the entire family.
- Discover all Split children friendly beaches.
- If you are traveling with your pet, Split has two pet friendly beaches.
I did some research and selected a few best family hotels in Podstrana near Split. All hotels are only 8 to 11 km from Split old town, close to the sea side and all include their own private beach. Some of them even have their own regularly scheduled bus drivers to take you to Split’s center.
Great resort for family vacation is Le Meridien Lav Split (5 stars), located in Podstrana, 8 km south of Split. This hotel has an 800 meters long beach line with spacious rooms overlooking the nearby Brac island.
This is a great place for families with children with Penguin Club for kids from 3 to 12 years old and the highly friendly staff. Guests have at their disposal (July and August) a shuttle to the city center which makes it a great place away from the Split buzz and the heat.
Activities like tennis court, golf course, hiking, cycling, diving, snorkeling for your children as well sauna, fitness center, solarium, spa and wellness center, massage, hot tub for parents, will only make your holidays memorable.
Best children hotel accommodations in Podstrana:
- Beach Hotel Bozikovina Podstrana
- Hotel Eden
- San Antonio
- Hotel Split Podstrana
- Hotel Sunce Podstrana
- Hotel Split Beach Podstrana
Private accommodation in Podstrana:
Special Offer: Raddison Blue Family Resort
Pack up your bags and the kids and hit the road for that memorable family holiday. Raddison Blu hotels offer family-friendly rooms that interconnect, babysitting services and have helpful concierges that are more than willing to point out local kid-oriented tourist attractions.
Best Online Rate Guarantee – Nightly rates from € 95. Croatia’s Best luxury spa resort near Split city center.
Getting to Podstrana:
Podstrana is a beach resort about 8-9 km southeast of the Split city center. From Split you can reach Podstrana by bus n° 60 (Yellow bus) from Split bus station or from green market (Pazar), connecting Split, Stobrec, Podstrana, Dugi Rat and Omis.
- Omis – 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Trogir – 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Makarska – 60.0 km/37.3 miles
- Sibenik – 70.0 km/43.5 miles
- Međugorje – 110.0 km/68.3 miles
- Zadar – 130.0 km/80.8 miles
- Dubrovnik – 215.0 km/133.6 miles
- National Park Krka River – 80.0 km/49.7 miles
- National Park Plitvice – 160.0 km/99.4 miles
- Split International Airport – 25.0 km/15.5 miles