Taking a ferry from Italy to Split Croatia is your best option if you are traveling from Italian side of Adriatic coast. Two major departure ports from Italy to Croatia are Ancona and Pescara.
Getting from Italy to Split is only possible from Ancona. There are only two companies which keep regular connections to Split. Below I’ll give you an overview of these companies and their timetables and schedules, and some other tips about traveling from Italy to Split via ferry.
Italy to Split ferry companies
The only international ferry connection to Split is from Ancona, Italy. There are two companies running this ferry route, Jadrolinija and SNAV.
There used to be a third company, Blue Line International, but unfortunately since March 2017 they are no longer available. You can read more about this sad news here.
Jadrolinija is Croatian state ferry companies operating hundreds of routes. They are also the only maritime company with all-year round connections between Ancona and Split.
Their typical yearly timetable is as follows:
From Split to Ancona:
- October 29th to March 31st: Sunday and Wednesday at 20:00h (arriving Monday and Thursday at 07:00).
- April 2nd to October 27th: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 20:00h (arrival on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 07:00h).
- June 28th to August 27th: Saturday and Sunday at 14:30 and 21:30, Tuesday and Thursday on 20:00 (arrivals at 9:45h and 7:00h respectively).
High season line in August stops in Stari Grad on Hvar island as well. Customs check is in Split port.
From Ancona to Split:
- October 29th to March 31st: Tuesdays and Fridays on 19:45 (arrives Wednesday and Saturday 07:00).
- April 2nd to October 27th: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 19:45 (arrival 07:00 next day)
- June 28th to August 27th: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 19:45, Saturday 23:59, Sunday 11:00.
It takes about 9 hours for Jadrolinija’s ferry to arrive from Ancona to Split or vice versa.
SNAV company only runs ferries to and from Ancona and Split. SNAV’s high-speed jets are no longer running this route, so this trip will also take 9 hours.
In July and August SNAV’s ferry on certain days will also go via Hvar island’s Stari Grad port. In other months ferry runs directly to and from Split and Ancona.
Ancona to Split:
- September to June – Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 20:00 (arrives on 07:00h), Saturday at 22:00 (arrival on 09:00)
- July – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday on 22:00 (arrival 9 AM), Sunday 11:00 (arrival 20:00)
- August 1st to 10th – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 22:00 (arrives 09:00)
- August 13th to 31st – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday on 11:00 (arrival 8 PM).
Split to Ancona:
- September to June – Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday on 20:00h, Saturday on 11:00 (20:00 arrival)
- July – Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday on 11:00 (arrival on 20:00), Sundays on 22:00 (arrival on 09:00)
- August 1st to 11th – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday on 11:00 (arrives 8 PM)
- August 13th to 31st – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday on 22:00 (arrives 9 AM)
Ancona – Stari Grad – Split connection departures every Friday 10 PM in July and August. Split – Stari Grad – Ancona line departures every Saturday in July and August on 8 PM.
You can find more information below:
BlueLine used to connect Split and Ancona from March until October, but since 2017 BlueLine International is no longer in business.
You can read more about why BlueLine canceled their Split to Ancona ferry here.
Italy to Split ferry schedules and pricing
For your convenience you can check all Italy to Croatia ferry connections below. You can also see availability, compare prices, and book your ferry in advance.
You can also use the links below to quickly find desired ferry connections:
- Dubrovnik – Bari (Italy)
- Bari (Italy) – Dubrovnik
- Ancona (Italy) – Split
- Split – Ancona (Italy)
- Ancona (Italy) – Zadar
- Zadar – Ancona (Italy)
- Ancona (Italy) – Stari Grad
- Stari Grad – Ancona (Italy)
- Pescara (Italy) – Split
- Split – Pescara (Italy)
- Pescara (Italy) – Star Grad
- Stari Grad – Pescara (Italy)
Split has frequent and convenient connections with Italy, even though it’s only from one port – Ancona. Taking a ferry is still probably the easiest way to get from Italy to Split.