The variety of Croatia cruising itineraries with different ports convinced me to add this map of suggested sailing routes in Croatia from Northern Adriatic to South Dalmatia.
- Northern Adriatic – the stretch from Rijeka to Zadar.
- Middle Adriatic – Cruising between Zadar and Split is in the most popular part of the Croatian coast.
- Southern Adriatic – Route from Split to Dubrovnik, is the ‘hot spot’.
Cruising the Adriatic has become a number one hit as more travelers are looking for this unique experience. With 1185 islands Croatia’s Adriatic coast is the second largest archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea, after Greek islands.
In this article I’ll give you some sample itineraries you can use if you wish to customize your cruise vacation in Croatia. They’re based on most popular cruises starting from Split, Dubrovni, and other Croatian destinations like Rijeka, Zadar, Trogir and more.
Example itineraries – Central and South Dalmatia
Starting from Split – ending in Dubrovnik (one week):
- Day 1. Split to Milna (island of Brac)
- Day 2. Hvar
- Day 3. Komiza (island of Vis)
- Day 4. Port of Korcula
- Day 5. Pomena (island of Mljet)
- Day 6. Island of Sipan
- Day 7. Dubrovnik
Starting from Dubrovnik – ending in Split (one week)
- Day 1. Dubrovnik to Lopud
- Day 2. Polace (island of Mljet)
- Day 3. Port of Korcula
- Day 4. Port of Vis
- Day 5. Starigrad (Hvar island)
- Day 6. Supetar (Brac island)
- Day 7. Split
8 days from Trogir to Trogir
- Day 1. (Saturday) Trogir – Makarska
- Day 2. (Sunday) Pelješac Peninsula – National Park Mljet
- Day 3. (Monday) Elafiti Islands – Dubrovnik
- Day 4. (Tuesday) Dubrovnik – Elafiti Islands – Slano
- Day 5. (Wednesday) Korcula
- Day 6. (Thursday) Hvar island
- Day 7. (Friday) Šolta Island – Trogir
- Day 8. (Saturday) Trogir
Northern Adriatic Croatia cruising itineraries
Starting from/to Rijeka – with Kornati islands
- Day 1 (Saturday) Rijeka – Krk Island
- Day 2 (Sunday) Rab Island
- Day 3 (Monday) Sali
- Day 4 (Tuesday) Kornati Islands – Zadar archipelago
- Day 5 (Wednesday) Lošinj Island
- Day 6 (Thursday) Cres Island
- Day 7 (Friday) Rijeka
- Day 8 (Saturday) Rijeka
Cruising for Young Under 35
- Day 1 (Saturday) Split – Makarska
- Day 2 (Sunday) Makarska – Mljet
- Day 3 (Monday) Mljet – Dubrovnik
- Day 4 (Tuesday) Dubrovnik – Trstenik
- Day 5 (Wednesday) Trstenik – Korčula
- Day 6 (Thursday) Korčula –Hvar
- Day 7 (Friday) Bol – Split
- Day 8 (Saturday) Split
Starts in Split, duration 8 days.
- Day 1: Split to Makarska
- Day 2: Mljet island and national park
- Day 3: Dubrovnik
- Day 4: Šipan island or Trstenik town on Peljesac peninsula
- Day 5: Korcula island and town
- Day 6: Hvar town
- Day 7: Bol on Brac island
- Day 8: Return to Split
Starts in Dubrovnik, duration is 7 days.
- Day 1: Dubrovnik
- Day 2: Mljet island
- Day 3: Korcula
- Day 4: Hvar
- Day 5: Trstenik town (Peljesac peninsula)
- Day 6: Elaphiti islands
- Day 7: Dubrovnik, with optional bus tour to Montenegro
Rijeka and Kvarner Islands to Kornati
Starts in Rijeka, duration is 7 days.
- Day 1: Rijeka to Krk island
- Day 2: Rab island
- Day 3: Sali town (Dugi Otok)
- Day 4: Kornati islands
- Day 5: Losinj island
- Day 6: Cres island
- Day 7: Rijeka
Need more cruise options?
- Island hopping cruise from Zadar
- Split to Dubrovnik one-way cruise
- Dubrovnik to Split one-way cruise
- Kvarner bay dream cruise from Opatija
- National park discovery