Spend your vacation on one of many wooden sailing ships cruising the Adriatic, starting from different Adriatic ports from Rijeka to Dubrovnik.
Ships are divided into three main categories according cabins quality and their positions on board, on deck or below deck.
Another factor in vessels categorization is between ships with common/shared bathrooms and those with a private bathroom/toilet in each cabin.
Sailing ships categories
- B category ships have common/shared bathrooms and toilets on deck. The most of cabins have bunk beds. Cruising price on these ships start from € 327 per person.
- These cruising usually starts from Opatija, Dubrovnik and Split. The first cruising starts from April/19/2014 all the way to October/25/2014. Find out here more about ships and cruise dates!
- Cruising duration is 7 nights / 8 days based on half board and always from Saturday /Saturday.
- These ships offer the most economic cruising.
- A category ships have cabins with a private bathroom/toilet and in most cases are bigger and more comfortable than B category ships. The most of these ships used to be B category but after complete recent reconstructions with new cabins and a restaurant area, have gained higher comfort in general. Find out more about ships and cruise dates!
- Cruising price on these ships start from € 425 per person with departures from Split, Opatija and Dubrovnik.
- Cruising duration is 7 nights / 8 days based on half board and always from Saturday /Saturday starting from April/2014 to the end of October/2014.
- A + category ships are the newest ships in Adriagate fleet. They are more spacious and comfortable then the regular A category ships. The cabins are a little larger, beds are either twin or double (no bunks) or French bed, and have full air conditioning facilities all over the ship.
- Find out more about this class wooden sailing ships and cruise dates!
- Cruising price on these ships start from € 540 per person with departures from Split, Opatija and Dubrovnik. Adriagate organize 10 days cruising starting from € 2.130 for a couples including half board.
- 7 nights / 8 days cruising based on half board and always from Saturday /Saturday starting from April/2014 to the end of October/2014.
Deluxe cruising ships
Deluxe cruising ships – For those who want only the most luxurious cruising, Adriagate offers Deluxe Cruise on Motor Yacht ‘President’ from Split. It doesn’t make part of wooden sailing ships fleet!. See my luxury cruise page!
This 47 meters long ship built in 2011 has everything you need on Dalmatia islands cruising. It offers 12 upper deck and 8 below deck cabins with twin or double beds. All cabins have en suite facilities, LCD TV, safe and air-conditioning. In addition it has a mini pool and sunbathing area and a small gym.
Cruising duration is 7 nights / 8 days based on half board and always from Saturday /Saturday starting from May/10/2014 to the end of October/2014. The cruising is only available from Split port and prices start from € 995.
Wooden sailing ships by name
If you’re curious to know in advance the name of the ship and all its distinctive characteristic, as well as length, speed, year of construction or renovations, here’s a list of ships and pictures of the most important parts.
- Kruna Mora – sold out
- Otac Ivan
- Otac Luka
- Sveti Vid
Departure ports on Adriatic coast
I hope you will find useful this short list of departure ports along the coast. to plan your travel arrival schedule, in case you plan to fly in different cities.
Departure cruising ports:
Check my suggested cruising itineraries along the 5.835 km long coastline!